Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Dumpster-Diving"

Oh my! I just love Wednesday evenings! Aubrie and I have started making this a weekly "thing"!!! Trash pick-up is on Thursday's so everyone puts their trash out on Wednesday night! A lot of people put very good things in their trash and then it's (free-game!!) Tonight we found these old lantern things with stands. They need to be cleaned up, but hey! They were free! Aubrie got some patio chairs, and a ship-wheel clock. I also got a large plastic planter pot and two children's desks. These are the type that are from school where the desk is attached and there is a rack underneath for books! I thought these would be perfect for the boys to do their homework. There was also a large gas grill that we picked up from my neighbor behind me! (Aubrie actually went up to the door to ask them if we could have it!) He told us we could, and that we could also take the cargo topper (for the Durango). All in all this was a great night for trash-collecting! I have so much fun with Aubrie on these nights! Someone has to be on the "look-out" and the other has to figure out whether it's "trash" or "treasure"!!! So much fun! You know you have a great friend when they will dig through trash with you!!! LOL ~Love ya Aubs!

No comments: