Friday, December 18, 2009

Contacs!!!!!!

Things had been blurry for a while.  At first I thought that my TV was just too far from the couch, or that the "guide" print was too little. But I  realized I needed to do something about it when I walked into Bode's class and thought that his teacher was a substitute! That, and when I went to get my drivers license renewed I had to wear my glasses!  I did not like being (forced) to wear them to see! So, I finally made an appointment.  I went in today and got contacs and it is so amazing what I have been missing!!!  I can SEEEEEEEE!!!! 
Initially the doctor put them in my eyes, but then made me take them out and put them in myself before I could leave.  I was able to get them out with no problem, but getting them back in was a different story.  I was getting totally frustrated...to the point of sweating! LOL  The assistant finally came in  and coached me through it. I did fine with her telling me where to look and when to close my eye!  I told her I was worried that I would need a coach at home. She told me I could come in 6 days a week and she would help me. (I'd have to find somewhere else to go on Sunday's!) HA! 
When we got home tonight, I took them out, and I was able to (QUICKLY) put them back in!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So excited for you and am so glad you finally made the appointment. There is nothing worse than not being able to see!!! Just think you will be able to see the kids playing sports now. LOL