Saturday, February 20, 2010

Our weekend….

Not really a lot going on this weekend.  My friend Wendy and I drove to Smithfield, NC for a little outlet shopping yesterday while the kids were in school!  She is a “Coach (purse) girl” and had a coupon she had to use before the 21st!  I was happy to go with her and get some shopping in!  I had no idea those outlets were even there!  The highlight of my trip there was getting the guy at Fossil to fix my watch! 

Friday night we took the kids bowling, something I enjoy more and more every time we go. Wendy and I always have lots of laughs together!  Zach better watch out when he gets back!  (I’m gettin’ good!!) Hahaha!

Zach has lost the convenience of wireless internet and is now having to share 5 computers with the other Marines on his MiTT as well as the Army that is trying to take over the place :(  So we are not able to talk to him as often as we were before which totally stinks :(  We are, however, starting to get excited about his R&R which is coming up very soon!

Bode had a basketball game this morning.  He played really well against the super aggressive Celtics!  I really think he plays just for the snacks when the game is over, and was a bit disappointed when the snack this morning was fresh apples! 

I had to take my camera in again today. I wanted to have it cleaned and checked out before Zach gets home at the end of next month! It won’t be back until March 4 (at the latest!) I’m glad I have a good back up camera though to get me through the next two weeks! I’m praying nothing super-eventful happens in the next 12 days!

We just got in from a birthday party the boys were invited to.  It was at a miniature golf/batting cage place, that I never even knew they had in town. -This will be a great resource for the boys, as baseball season starts in a couple of weeks!!!!  (I cannot wait!!!)-  The boys had a lot of fun with all of their friends!  I’m just glad to be in out of the freezing cold, and in my warm bed!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How long will Zack get to be home?

Michelle said...

He will get to come home for 2 weeks! (Not near long enough!) Then he will have to go back until August! I will be so glad when this whole thing is OVER!!!

Anonymous said...

Now when you say she is a COACH girl do you mean that she coaches you while you shop? LOL
OK..I know (only because I TALK to you) that you mean COACH PURSE but not sure everyone else does. :)
So glad you have a friend that you like to do things with. Bowling and checking out local nearby towns. That sounds like fun. Wished I were there to do it with you!!! I love you!!!
Mom