Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tryon Palace with Tate’s class

Tate’s class had a field trip to Tryon Palace in New Bern, NC.  The gardens where by far my favorite part, especially after learning that the Tyron Palace burned to the ground in 1798, and the whole thing was a reconstruction.  Something about that took the excitement away from the history for me.  It was like visiting a museum, and while it was neat, it wasn’t original, and I just couldn’t get past that! LOL –oh, and NO PICTURES ALLOWED INSIDE.  Which to me was a bit silly since nothing in there was original to the house.  (The pieces were original to the time period). 

Ok, I’m past all of that!  LOL  The two things I learned from the field trip where that girdles could be comfortable if worn properly, and that they were used for posture, and health.  The second is they did not have pockets on their clothing, so they had to make pockets that looked like a little flat purse that was tied around their waist, underneath their dresses.

 

DSC_1688(2)

Jerome, Desmond, and Tate  -The boys I was in charge of! 

DSC_1695(2)

DSC_1696(2)

DSC_1698(2)

DSC_1699(2)

DSC_1702(2)

DSC_1707(2)

DSC_1710(2)

DSC_1723

-Coming out of the (non-working) “out-house”.  He was convinced it smelled….. it didn’t! 

DSC_1724(2)

As I came around the corner, he had the girls laughing while he pretended to –GO-!  LOL 

DSC_1725(2)

DSC_1748(2)

DSC_1754(2)

DSC_0004(2)

Tate’s teacher really wanted a picture on the steps.  This was the back door, and other than them being able to spread out, there was nothing great about this picture! She also then realized  they were facing the sun, and it was hard for them to keep their eyes open.  So…..she then started to rearrange them on the same steps, different angle!  LOL  I love her!!!  I really do!

DSC_0008(2)

DSC_0009(2)

DSC_0015(2)

DSC_0019(2)

One of the parents said to Mrs. Hudson, “Are you going to be in the picture with the kids?”, to which she replied, “ABSOLUTELY NOT!”  ha!

DSC_0028(2)

DSC_0032(2)

Mrs. Hudson talking to the kids about plans for lunch!  They were very anxious to eat!

DSC_0033(2)

DSC_0036(2)

One last picture!

1 comment:

bright eyes said...

I have the flowers that you were taking pics of: angel trumpets. They are so easy to root. If you break a piece off and stick it in the ground, it will grow...or at least that has been my experience with my neighbor taking some of mine when I cut them back.