Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chin guards?

Tate had baseball practice tonight and his coach worked with him and Ramon on catching.  When I say “worked”, I mean….instructed them how to CORRECTLY catch. He actually catches for the Marine Corps baseball team here at Camp Lejeune.  I was amazed at his knowledge of catching, and learned more than I ever knew about correctly STOPPING the ball.  Zach was helping with hitting and fielding, so he didn’t really get a chance to see what all Tate was working on, but I just kept going on and on about how impressed I was……

So we get in the car after practice and I asked Tate what he learned; he says “he taught us how to slide on our chin guards.”  I was thinking (in my head), ‘’OHMYGOSH, I am really impressed NOW!!!’’ , I turn around with HUGE eyes and said “your CHIN guards?!!!  really?!!!” to which he replies….”no Mom!   (pointing below his knee)  our SHIN guards!”  Seriously….LAUGHED. OUT. LOUD!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bahahaha. Sometimes we hear what we want! LoL In my case, more times than I'd like to admit ;)

marinecormom@yahoo.com said...

LOL....BIG TIME!!

Lisa said...

Funny!