Tate comes to me and asks if he can have some money to go to the C-Store and get something to eat. (He wanted a hot pocket and a Dr. Pepper) I didn’t really give him an answer, I just started looking to see if I had any cash. I found $6. I started to hand it over to him, when I realized that I did have something to make for lunch. I quickly snatched it back and went to the fridge. I had made beans in the crock-pot on Thursday and the left-overs were still there. I sat them on the counter, and then got out the colander and the blender. As I begin to drain the beans (and Tate can see where I’m going with this)…he is HORRIFIED. Zach is looking at me as if he can’t believe what I am doing either!!! I dump the strained beans into the blender and turn it on. Tate, still freaking out that his hot pocket dreams have turned into this, says, “I AM NOT eating that!!!! Mom! That is like jail food!!” I really think he thought I might be making him a cold bean smoothie for lunch! I assure him that I’m not done, and that I am going to make him a bean and cheese burrito. He still insists that he is not eating it. I am telling him that he is eating it and he will like it. I ask Zach and Bode if they want one. Bode is not watching me make them, so he says yes immediately, Zach agrees that he will have one too.
To everyone’s amazement, they were DELICIOUS!!!
-Now that I think about it, I’m not sure my mom used our blender for anything other than blending beans! HA!
3 comments:
I seriously LAUGHED OUT LOUD on this! YOU, Michelle, are a GREAT storyteller. I want to buy your book! Love YOU! ~Lisa
I have never thought of using a blender to squash beans. I use a bean squasher (at least that's what my mother-in-law told me it was). A blender sounds so much more creative and EASIER!
Love bean and cheese tacos and burritos! Funny, funny story!
Shut Up!!! LOL!!! I am laughing soooo hard right now. I can just see the look on Tate's face!!! Hahahahaha!!! So you did burritos instead of INDIAN Tacos?!???
Post a Comment