Tate started getting sick last Wednesday afternoon and woke up coughing Thursday morning. Zach was the first one up and asked me what (medicine) he could give him. I told him to rub “Vicks” on his feet and put socks on him. I guess Zach assumed I was ‘Ambien-talking’, and says, “what?!!!” He asks me two more times, and again, I told him—“VICKS! ON FEET! SOCKS!” He still doesn’t understand why, but clearly understands I am serious; so, he does it, and then leaves for work.
Until last night, I had been in charge of the “salving and socking” because Tate’s feet are super ticklish sensitive. Zach gets frustrated with the squirming and Tate is equally annoyed by how his dad applies it!
Sooooo……last night, ( I ) was trying to get everyone, to include myself, in bed by 8:45. American Chopper Live was coming on at 9:00 and I didn’t want to miss it! (It’s crazy amazing the shows I am interested in these days!)
Following are the results of A.D.D + Ambien:
Walk Bode down the hall to his bedroom.
Pick up the towel in his floor.
Hang it up in his closet.
Realize there’s a hoodie in his dirty clothes that can go in the washing machine.
Take hoodie to washing machine.
“Zaaaach, did you lock the doors?” (“Yes!”)
I better check anyway.
(GRRR!) The back door is unlocked!
Walk back to Bode’s room,
Tuck Bode in.
Turn on Bode’s fan.
Head to Tate’s room.
Start to tuck Tate in…
(Crap! it’s 8:45!)
Ask Zach if he will “salve and sock”.
Walk back to my bathroom.
Take Ambien,
(Start) to take out contacs….
Distracted by commotion in Tate’s room.
Go to Tate’s room.
Realize Zach is not putting nearly enough Vicks on.
Show Zach how to apply glob it on effectively.
Ask Tate if he’s sure he doesn’t want any for his lips.
(Crack myself up laughing)
Ask Zach if he wants any for his.
(He is NOT laughing)
Go back to my bedroom.
(Where’s my phone?)
Go to living room.
It’s not there.
(I’m running out of time!)
Back to bedroom.
Ask Zach.
(Oh good, he has it.)
Go back to my bathroom.
Brush teeth.
Get my glasses.
Get in bed.
(Grrrr! I left my water in the bathroom.)
Get out of bed.
Back to bathroom.
Get water.
Get back in bed.
It’s 9:00, show has started.
(Ughghg, my glasses are dirty)
Take them off, clean them with the sheet, put them back on.
(Ughghg. My left eye is blurry!)
Rub my eye, put the glasses back on.
Still blurry.
(I’m missing the show because I can’t see!!)
<Whiney voice>, “Zaaaach, I can’t see!”
No response.
(Surely my contac is not still in my eye.)
Oh. My. Gosh. It is!
Get out of bed, back to bathroom.
(uh-oh! I can’t find my contac case).
< Whiney and panicky voice> “Zaaaach, I can’t find my contac case!”
No response.
“Zaaaach! I’ve taken my Ambien and I can’t find my contac case!!”
He doesn’t know.
( LAUGHING. OUT. LOUD.)
With no help from my sweet husband, IN BED WATCHING AMERICAN CHOPPER LIVE , I realize it’s in Tate’s room, on his dresser, next to the Vicks.
Thankfully, I didn’t take my left contac out because I had the Vicks on my hands and didn’t want to burn my eye!
Can you EVEN imagine the monkey wrench that would have thrown into the whole scenario?!!
And it was all for nothin’ !! America did not pick who I wanted to win. Clearly, America does NOT know talent! First Nancy (DWTS), then Drew (X-Factor), and now Jesse James! I am sooooooo OVER the VOTING shows!
2 comments:
You SERIOUSLY crack me up. Seriously.
And I LOVED Drew on X-Factor too. She has a unique-ness that I love.love.love.
Bahahahahaha!!!! Like Mother...Like Daughter. This sounds like my life!!! LOL!!!
Post a Comment