Friday, February 17, 2012

My morning….

Oh. My. Gosh!!!  THE most embarrassing moment of my life happened today!  Well, probably number 2.  Number one as an adult, though!  LOL 

I had finally gotten up enough guts to go ask if they would switch the channel (to the “Today Show”) at the gym this morning.  (This was after I was good and sweaty from the Pre-Cor) The TV right in front of the stair-master (I was about to get on) was on Cartoon Network.  I hate that channel.  Hate it.  It is blocked on all of my Tv’s at home! Anyways, I was only getting on the stairs for 20 minutes, but it was almost 10:00,  and the first 20 minutes of “The Today Show” are the BEST!!!  (I’m kind of  nervous about publicly announcing that at the gym!) HA! So, I get  up to the front desk and ask the guys standing there to change the channel.  They both looked at me clueless,  saying they didn’t know how to change it, and I would have to find someonelse.  Grrrr….I was already nervous and not wanting to ask, and now I’m having to look for the lady in charge of the TV’s.  So, I do.  When I found her, she was sweeping, and she told me I could change it with the remote on the counter.  OK….so I walk all the way back over to the counter, find the remote, and change it.  I get up on the stairs, get my stuff all situated, and start climbing.  Everything seems to be good but since I don’t watch the first 3 hours of  “The Today Show”  it didn’t look like this was the right channel.  So, I wait, and start thinking…. ‘ ugh, after ALL (that) and it’s not the right channel….uhhhh, I guess I’ll go ask to change it again…”  So I pause the machine, get off,  and go back over there.  I’m asking the girl if this is NBC, and that it doesn’t look like “The Today Show” .   She’s shows me the channel list and says  it looks like I DO have it on the right channel.    Ok, so, now I’m feeling kinda dumb, but OH WELL…. “The Today Show” is coming on, and I’ll be smiling real soon……or NOT!

So, the little adapter- to plug my earphones into so I can hear the TV- is not working.  So, I’m gonna have to read closed-captions.  (Ughghghg!  Ok, well, that’s fine, I’ll just put my playlist back on, and read and climb!)  This is where everything went TERRIBLY WRONG!  I accidently knock my Ipod off of the ledge, it slams into the stairs,  the case comes off and I see it fall straight IN to the machine.  AHHHHHHHGHGHGHGHGH!!!!! NO!!!!!  I’m trying to hit STOP, NOT trip on my earphone cord, and get down, all at the same time.

OH. MY. GOSH!

First of all, I’m hoping that I stopped it before the machine CRUNCHED it in half, AND that, if it IS in fact, not crunched, that it’s not playing Taylor Dayne!!!  I start to walk to the counter, behind me, when the two guys without “remote control privileges” ask me, what happened.  I cannot believe what I am having to say!!!  “My Ipod is stuck INSIDE the stair-master, I’m not sure what I’m suppose to do…..”  The gym lady comes over, along with 2 other Marines who most likely witnessed the whole thing.  Did I mention I was already sopping wet sweaty and reeking?!!   Now, I am standing very close to 5 other people who are trying to help me retrieve my Ipod from the machine.  We can see it inside there, but since it’s INSIDE the track, they are going to have to disassemble the machine to get it out!  She was like, “How did this happen?!! This is definitely a first!”

Talk about EMBARRASSING!!

They finally get it out, all in once piece, and I finished the last 15 minutes on a different machine, with my Ipod AND phone laying in the floor— I’m not even taking the chance of that happening EVER again.

When I finished and got to the car, I called Zach to tell him what had just happened.  All he could say was, “I am so sorry!”  I tell him, “I  can just hear someone saying…. ‘oh!!! you’re (THAT) girl who got her Ipod stuck in the stairmaster!’   And, unless it’s summer and I’m laying on the beach with buns of steel, it’s not going to be funny! 

4 comments:

April said...

I have one thing to say about this - well, two things - I'm sorry too and I'm SO PROUD that you switch to iPod! No more monthly fee for music you can't keep!

LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

That is soooo funny but only because I can see all of that happening to me. I'm sure it HAS in some same sort of way but glad today was your day and not mine for funny stories. LOL

jeana said...

haha, i miss you Michelle ;) that would SO happen to me..ha!

Corine said...

I'm laughing so hard I almost fell off the couch!!!!!!!