Sunday, January 11, 2009
Church Service
It is always exciting when you really don't feel like getting out of bed to go to church and you do.....the service is AMAZING! It spoke to me in so many different ways this morning. One of the first songs led by a lady on the piano was "Victory in Jesus", I was so thankful that for the last time we sang the chorus, it was all A cappella! It sounded beautiful!
Paula Hampt is one of our missionaries and she leads us in praise and worship. She sings with a acoustic guitar by herself, her voice is so beautiful, I am always excited to see which songs she has picked out for the week. This morning was a real treat, she sang a song to the church that she wrote from Psalm 69. She started out telling us she wrote this time when she was in a "low" place. It was one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard, especially knowing she wrote it herself and it was personal to her, and that she shared it with all of us.
Then the preacher did the service. It was on thanking God for his love and forgiveness. I have always known that God forgives all of our sins, but this morning for the first time I was taught that he not only forgives our sins, but he FORGETS them as well. For my C of C's.....
Isaiah 43:25 "I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake and remembers your sins no more"
Colossians 2:13-14 ...."God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having cancelled the written code, with its regulations that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it way, nailing it to the cross."
And then in Romans 8:1 "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."
Some of my other notes on paper were:
-We never cease to be God's children even in our rebellion
-Sins bring consequences, God brings forgiveness
-when we are beating ourselves up over something that is condemnation and it comes from Satan,
-We are convicted by the spirit, and led to ask for forgiveness. There is no condemnation in God.
-(I wrote it again!) Condemnation comes from Satan!
I don't remember quite how our preacher tied this in, but he was telling us a story of when he was little him and his little brother use to fight all the time, and that his brother had locked him out of his room, and (our preacher) hit the door until his fist went through it! His brother started laughing and saying "Wait till Dad gets home!" He said it was the longest 6 hours of his life!
I got to remembering a time that Leslie and I (maybe it was just me!) broke a window in our bedroom. It was in the middle of winter and it was freezing cold. We did not want to tell Mom because we didn't want to get in trouble.....so we put blankets up against the window trying to stop the cold wind from coming in! I think it was only about 2 days/nights before we couldn't take it anymore and told her. Obviously we were in trouble, but as part of our punishment we had to learn how to repair the window ourselves. My Mom told me today that Leslie actually remembers how to do it, me on the other hand.... I have no clue! Thankfully I am married to a man that could figure it out! So sad that I have to rely on a man! But you would be amazed at the messes he has got me out of! I admire my Mom and my sister for being able to do ANYTHING!!(I really wish I could've talked to Leslie before this post, but I can't seem to get a hold of her!!)
So now we are home from Church and it seems like there is so much to do! I started barking orders at the kids almost the minute they were finished with their lunch, Zach then proceeded to tell me that "we were not going to start the flight of the bumble bee today!" This is what he calls it when I get in a crazy cleaning mode! So I decided to give up the fight and accept the fact that I am the maid for the day! The boys can all relax and watch "Fantastic Four" while I do the housework! After-all, I think it's in part of my job description!
Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday afternoon!
2 comments:
I enjoyed reading your notes from Church. I'll have to write those scriptures down.
Next time I'm out there, we'll break a window and I'll show you how to fix it. LOL!!!!
How about you tell the fire in the kitchen story with the paint?...lol!!!!
:)
Lisa
Post a Comment