I did not blog yesterday, and I am sorry! (Mom was very disappointed!) I guess the news of the decade is that it snowed in Jacksonville, NC! I guess it never snows here and so no one here knows what to do when it does snow! They basically shut the whole base down and cancelled school for 2 days, for around 2 inches of snow! (Not enough to even make a snowman!!!) All non-essential personnel were told not to come to work on Tuesday, which meant, nothing on base was open, to include the grocery store, and the convienent stores! It's a good thing I had waffles on hand, because we were without milk for 2 days! Abby had never seen snow and she was flipping out in the backyard! I think she was more excited than the kids were to see the snow!
So tonight was the second night of the Beth Moore study. I woke up sick this morning and really didn't feel like going, but decided I really did need to be there. So with my hair pulled into a pony tail (Zach hates it like this!) I went.
At the end of the study we watch Beth on dvd as she goes over the lesson. What really spoke to me tonight is when Beth said, "God divinely manipulated us together in this study", she went on to say "that for whatever reason, you are here because God planned for you to be here, at this specific time in your life, with these specific ladies".
I just think it is so neat when you look at how true this is of me and my new friend Iris! Every time we talk, there is something new that we both have in common. Iris and I both arrived at the same time, 10 minutes early! On Sunday when we talked we found out that Bode and her oldest son, Andrew, are in the same class! And that we both didn't really care for the school principal...(for what turned out to be very similar reasons!) Tonight we discovered that we both had ties to the Church of Christ. She said that is the one church she loved so much when they were in Florida. It's as if God knew we were suppose to be friends! (Duh!) *This entire part may have not made sense to anyone but me, and that's OK!*
Here is the one picture I took of the kids in the snow; they were across the street with the neighborhood kids. Why did I only take one picture you ask?!!! We have SEEN SNOW BEFORE! LOL
2 comments:
Thank you Michelle for posting! Now if ya'll could just have a good ole fashion sand storm....you could really snap some pictures. LOL!!!
Happy Birthday Michelle! You are loved! May your day be full of sunshine in your soul! Love, Lisa
Post a Comment