Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bonefish Grill

This has got to be the most delicious place I have ever had! The waitress was super-helpful and explained the entire menu to us. (There are different sauces, and she explained the managers come in and fillet the fresh fish in the morning, so you don't ever have to worry about bones, and just all kinds of good info!) She brought us fresh bread with basil, olive oil, garlic, red pepper, and pine nuts to dip it in. Then we started out with calamari that had a sweet and spicy Asian sauce! YUM!!! We hadn't even finished the calamari before our salads were there. I had the house salad with their homemade citrus vinaigrette dressing. It had a slice of some vegetable I have never had (which was yummy!) and pine nuts! As soon as we finished our salads, the boys food came out. Bode had macaroni and cheese (that was a homemade cream cheese sauce! sooooo good!), and Tate had pasta and meatballs! (I didn't try his!), he did eat all of though! Zach had Long fin with shrimp and lobster stuffing topped with a cream sauce, fresh asparagus, and mashed potatoes! I had the grilled shrimp and scallops, with the lemon butter sauce on the side, and rice. The way they grilled the shrimp and scallops, they did not even need sauce on them. They were sooooooo good! And I would swear my rice was jasmine rice with fresh parsley flakes! WOW! We were so stuffed! I then asked her to describe the strawberry shortcake! She started off telling me that it was a sugared biscuit sliced in half (that's where I was SOLD!), with a warm strawberry sauce, fresh strawberries, and homemade whipped cream. I had her pack it up to go, and it was so nice, because all items were packed individually, so that I didn't have soggy shortcake! ;) I would definitely recommend this place! If it wouldn't have been so expensive, we would have ate all of our meals there! Ha!

No comments: