Monday, March 9, 2009

Bode's 2 Miles!

Tonight after dinner, Zach and i decided we were going to run to the C-Store and back. It's right at 1.1 miles down there. Tate and Bode usually ride their bikes in front of us. Bode decided tonight he was going to run. I kept telling Zach to tell him NO! I just knew he wouldn't make it and that I would end up walking with him after about 50 yards! Zach just kept saying, "if he thinks he can do it, then let him try!" I think Bode was absolutely determined to prove me wrong! And boy did he! I cannot believe that he ran all the way down there, and about half way back before he stopped to walk for about 30 feet and then took off running again! (I kept telling him to stop and walk if he was tired!!) He ran between me and Zach the entire way. (We stopped the 30 feet he walked and walked with him!) I kept telling Zach as we were running that we were going to get CPS (Child Protective Services) called on us! How were we going to explain that Bode really did want to RUN! LOL I felt that people were probably looking at us like we were crazy parents who were punishing their child! He was such a trooper! I told Zach that if Bode didn't want to go to school in the morning, that I wasn't going to make him! I hope that he is not sore tomorrow! As an after-thought....I signed Bode up for track about 2 weeks ago! (I think he is going to be FANTASTIC!!!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think he will be fantastic too. He sounded so proud when he called and told me about it. I loved hearing him tell Bill all about his run and how he was going to run in track. He told Bill that his Dad thought he would do good in the 400 run. Too Cute!!!