Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dog Tags, and Size 6!

Yesterday Zach was so thoughtful. Tuesday night I got emotional and was crying about not having any of Zach's dog tags, and that I really wanted a pair before he deployed. He held me while I cried and was explaining to me that he wasn't going to be able to get 2 pair when he deployed, they would only give him one pair! Anyways, I ended up just crying myself to sleep because of all the emotions that go along with deployment. I realize we are 6 months out, but that is a very short time when your husband is going to Iraq. So....yesterday he comes home for lunch and says "I got you something."......he reaches into his pocket and pulls out 2 dog tags!!!!! He went on to tell me that they weren't matching, but it was the best he could do right now! (He had to have searched and searched for these because they are old ones and who knows where he found them.....but he did!) He went to the store later that day and bought a chain for them to go on, and then gave them to me when he came home from work. I do think this is the SWEETEST thing Zach has ever done for me. I love him so much. My next exciting thing was when Rebecca came over yesterday afternoon. She always comes over when she wants or "needs" something! Anyways, she kept going on and on about how I looked like I was getting thinner and thinner. (We are neighbors but haven't seen each other in a month!.....and in that month, I have been going to the gym!) I had my favorite pair of jeans on, and yes, they were too big, but I just pulled my belt really tight so that they would fit around my waist! (they were bunched up in the back, but I had a sweater on that I pulled down to cover it up!!!! ......they're my favorite!) She said, "What size are those jeans?!!!" I told her I didn't know! She went on to tell me that they were way too big and that she thought I could probably fit into her size 6's. I told her that I couldn't because my hips and butt are too big!!! She kept arguing that I could....so she went home and got 2 pair of her jeans (size 6)! The whole time I am telling her not to do it because it is just going to ruin my day when they don't fit! (that and I'm going to be embarrassed!!!) LOL Here she comes running back with them, and tells me to try them on! I told her I was trying them on right in front of her to prove to her that they WOULD NOT FIT!!!! So I start to put them on, and to my AMAZEMENT.....they go all the way up past my thighs and over my butt....and they button!!! LOL Rebecca says....."I told you so!" I could not believe it! She let me wear them for the rest of the day! She said...."I want Zach to see you in some jeans that fit!!!!" I cannot believe that I can fit in a 6! My dream size was just an 8!!! I guess going to the gym really does take inches off! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat story about the tags. Can he get me some? LOL!!
Now...where is that gym? LOL!!!