Thursday, April 16, 2009

We're Alive!!!

Yes, we are all alive and well here at Camp Lejeune! It is Spring Break for the boys, so we have been "way off" schedule! To include me sleeping in and the boys playing video games first thing in the morning! I did take them to the indoor pool yesterday. We went with Aubrie and her kids. The older ones all had to pass the swim test to be able to jump off the diving board. They had a lot of fun! I was excited to wear my new swimsuit! I just think it is the cutest one I've had in a long time! I think I am going to try and take them to Walmart in the morning (to spend their $10 their MiMi sent them for Easter). I am going to try and convince them to get goggles with their money so that we can go back to the indoor pool! I think if they buy them with their money, they will be more likely to keep up with them and take care of them, than if I were to just by them for them. Zach had to go to the gas chamber today. I always feel so sorry for him when he has to do this. He says it's not really that big of a deal, although he did say that when he got home to shower that his skin started burning because the gas was heating back up! I bought some new 'Downy Black Diamond' fabric softener, so hopefully they will smell nice and clean the next time he wears them! I am not sure if I have mentioned that we found out last Wednesday that Zach is scheduled to go to Iraq with a Military Instructor Transition Team (MITT) for 12 months. This is a huge blow to us, as we thought he was just preparing for a 7 month deployment. Now this is almost double that. As far as he knows, he will be instructing the Iraqi Army and transitioning them into their own. (Where they can do it all by themselves like we do! LOL) Please be praying for Zach and his leaders and the other members of the team that will be going over with him. Ok, well I've been kinda "blaaaah" all day, so I think I am going to try and talk Zach into getting in bed early tonight! Does anyone know when Grey's will be new again?!!! I'll try and post some new pics from last weekend tomorrow :) Love to ALL!

2 comments:

livinbeyondthegrave said...

I'm really sorry to hear that Zach will be gone so long. We will keep you in our prayers.

Leslie said...

what do you mean zach had to go to the gas chamber?
i love yall and am sorry that zach has to leave for longer than expected.
i will say many prayers :)