Saturday, May 16, 2009

4th Annual Run for the Warriors

"Run for something greater.....Run because you can." Wow! What an honor it was to be able to run for those who cannot run themselves.
Zach was not thrilled about getting up early this morning to go watch me run the 5K, but I think in the end he, as well as the boys, were glad they did!
I ran it in just under 30 minutes, which was not exactly the greatest time in the world, but considering I have never ran a race before, I was pretty happy about my time :)

They had bag-pipes there that played 3 songs before the race, and then they marched the "wheelers" to the starting line. Very cool.

This was me in "all my glory" at the end of the race!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you!!!!
You're right...What an Honor!!

Unknown said...

That is great that you ran, you are going to turn out to be an athlete yet. MeeMaw

bright eyes said...

Good for YOU! Send me your e-mail.
Love YOU!-Lisa