Friday, August 14, 2009
Lots of tears today.....
We woke up early this morning and had Dunkin' Donuts before Zach had to report in at 9:00am. It was a very hard goodbye. The boys are older now, so they really understand that Daddy is not coming home for a long time. Zach asked that we leave before the buses got there because he didn't want to just keep dragging it out. I didn't want to leave at first, but I am glad we did....the boys and I were able to grieve in private.
He called me around 2:30 to let me know that they were at Cherry Point and waiting on their airplane....then at 5:15 to tell me that they were on the plane and getting ready to take off. I am not sure how long the flight is, but as soon as I hear from him, I will let everyone know.
We are going to go over to my friend April's tonight and order Chinese (delivered!). It's nice to have a friend who knows exactly what I am going through. Her husband left on ship May 15th and is in Kuwait now, but his final destination is Afghanistan. She has a son the boys' age that understands what Tate and Bode are going through too. It will have to be a short night though because Tate has to pick up football gear in the morning at 8:45!!! Hopefully they will get some good rest tonight.
4 comments:
Can Zack call or some way let you know when he arrives? How will he keep in touch with you...is it phone, E-mail or letter? Love you
I, too, am glad you have a friend that relates with you. It's also nice to know that he boys are in school on a military base where there will be others that understand. I so wished Zach didn't have to go. I guess now we will just count the days until he comes home!!! I want to send a package so be sure and let me know what he might want or need.
Love you,
MOM
Memaw, Zach called me today to let me know they got there safely. They are 7 hours ahead of us. He was very tired. I know for the next 10 days he should be able to call using a calling card, and then after that, I am not sure what kind of communication it will be....hopefully telephone or email!
And yes, Mom, I will let you know...he likes beef jerky!!
Sorry to hear that the time has come so quickly for him to leave. I hope that this next year will go by quickly for you and for him. I am praying for you, the kids and Zack.
Post a Comment