Saturday, January 9, 2010

OCD and Bode’s First Game

My OCD has been put to the test this week by trying to find a point and shoot camera I can live with.  I have returned 4 now.  I have become too comfortable with the quality of my DSLR that I am just still expecting way too much.  I think I am just going to have to wait for my D90 to return and be picture(less) until then.  It’s becoming way too stressful to sit and search review after review, only to purchase and then return.  :(

Bode had his first basketball game this morning, he did soooooo good!  I was so proud of the way he stuck with it and gave it 100% the entire game.  He even scored 1 of the 4 baskets for his team! Tate was “coaching” and cheering Bode on from the sidelines with me! I was one HAPPY Momma!  He also got to SKPE with Zach when we got home to talk all about his first game!  

 IMG_0008 IMG_0016

The boys have a birthday party to go to tomorrow, and Tate had known for a long time that he wanted to get his friend a New York Giants football because he is a big Giants fan.  He also collects football cards and so Bode decided to get him 4 packs of those!  While they were picking out football cards, the boys decided it looked like something they might like to try, and since the had Christmas money left, I told them if they wanted to do it, they would have to pay to start it all up!  They each got a binder and a box of cards.  It was so much fun sitting and going through them with Bode.  (Tate’s at the age he wants to do it all himself!)  Bode and I organized his and put them all in alphabetical order. (This was great for my OCD!)  Tate started to get frustrated when he couldn’t find the team he was looking for.  Bode said to him, “Mine are in alphabetical order!” to which Tate replied in his “macho” voice, “Yea, cause Mom did yours!”  LOL 

My Mom has the most fabulous thing going in her bathroom cabinets.  Everything is organized and put into clear plastic containers, and labeled.  I loved how it looked and how easy it was to find things, so I have decided to tackle my medicine cabinet first.  I am absolutely loving it!  -I have 10 containers so far! 

Sure wish I had some pictures to show you of the boys with their football cards and me with all my containers….LOL, maybe next week. :)

No comments: