Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tate’s home sick

This morning, Tate’s school nurse called and said that he wasn’t feeling well; his stomach was hurting and he was flushed.  I asked her if I should bring him something or come and get him, and she said that Tate never comes into her office and that he really did look like he didn’t feel well.  I told her I would be there in a couple of minutes to pick him up.

We made a quick trip to the commissary and picked up some Nutella, bread and a lime.  (The lime is for dinner!)  We came home and he had his favorite lunch of Teriyaki Chicken Noodles, and then I made him some toast with Nutella!  He says it tastes like “PURE CHOCOLATE!”. SAM_0482

He is feeling much better now, and I am now wondering if he came home just to watch yesterdays Monday Night Raw that he recorded last night!  -I really don’t mind though, I’m happy to have him home, even if it means I’m missing all kinds of news on FOX ;) -

I am making Carnitas for dinner!  The pork is in the slow cooker now, and it smells so good!  I am hoping they turn out and I can make them for Zach when he comes home :)

SAM_0483

SAM_0485

SAM_0488

SAM_0490

Oh, they were so yummy! I remember the first time I had carnitas was when Bobbi Jo fixed them for us in Farmington.  Tomorrow night I am making THIS! :)

Hope everyone had a TERRIFIC TUESDAY!

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Your carnitas look yummy. You'll have to post the recipe so the rest of us can try them. I have a really good posole recipe that comes from Brad's mom. We have it every year on Christmas Eve...even when we are with my family!

Hope Tate is feeling better!

Michelle said...

Hey Jordan, if you click on Carnitas in that one paragraph, it should take you to the "Tasty Kitchen" website and the recipe I used! They were very yummy! I am making the Posole from that website too! :)