Monday, March 1, 2010

Camera or the boys?

They called at 3:00 to tell me my Nikon was back from being cleaned and ready to be picked up.  As soon as the boys got off the bus, (at 3:40) I told them as soon as they finished their homework we were going to Best Buy to get it!  I knew they wanted to play, and it gets dark here at 6:00, so there are not many play hours available. I already felt guilty, and I told them it would be quick.  What I did not take account into was traffic leaving base at 4:30…..as soon as we made the first turn and I saw all the cars backed up, I made a U-turn and brought them back home to play.

The camera can wait.  Play cannot!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Awww, you are such the good Mama. Seriously, you are.

Michelle said...

Thank you Jill! Bode was itching to play outside, and then found out we were leaving....he didn't complain a bit...he just wanted to hurry up and get it over with so he could come back home and play!