Saturday, August 21, 2010

Football Pads

Tate and Bode are both playing football on base for the Chargers this year.  They started conditioning practices this past Monday.  They have to have a week of conditioning before they are issued their pads.  Bode has been counting the days until today, he has been very excited. (This is his first year to play in full pads!)  I’m happy that we got there early and got good numbers.  Bode is #33 and Tate #44—how PERFECT ;-) 

DSC_0389(2)

Bode being fitted for his shoulder pads.

DSC_0392(2)

DSC_0397(2)

Bode being fitted for his helmet.

DSC_0398(2)

You can’t really tell, but he was REALLY happy! (I think he was being tough—why do boys do that?!!!)

DSC_0402(2)

DSC_0403(2)

Tate being fitted for his helmet.

DSC_0404(2)

DSC_0407(2)

Walking home with all of his gear!

DSC_0409(2)

DSC_0412(2)

A little more relaxed at home!

DSC_0416

Practicing getting his helmet off.  Until they figure out how to roll it off right, it hurts their ears (when it’s coming off!)

DSC_0413(2)

LOL—but it’s not that funny.  Last year, it took Tate the longest time!

DSC_0417(2)

:-)

DSC_0415

He said he was just going to STRETCH it out!  LOL!!!

 

 

 

Zach and I don’t feel like the boys have conditioned enough to be ready to practice in pads on Monday, so Zach conditioned them today (half pads) in the backyard! 

DSC_0428(2)

DSC_0436(2)

DSC_0444(2)

DSC_0448(2)

DSC_0476(2)

DSC_0480(2)

Right before they were going to run 40’s (40 yard dashes)—also the moment before….

DSC_0481(2)

Tate decided to lay down to take a break!  LOL  I’m really glad Zach is here to work with them, because they weren’t even out there 45 minutes in half pads, and they were about to die! (They have FULL PADS practice on Monday!!!  YIKES!

DSC_0491(2)

Tate being dramatic!  Bode’s just mad! (AND real glad it’s over!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are doing your blog again. I really love all these football picture and your camera is soooooo GOOD with extra Crazy Good COLOR!!!! LOL.
I really love the picture of Bode walking away with all his gear. Great picture to Frame. Actually...they ALL are!!!!
Love you,
MOM

Michelle said...

Thank you! Speaking of pictures to frame, I recently ordered (5) 8x10's and the postman shoved them in my mailbox and now they are all bent. Do you think the post office will do anything? The envelope was clearly marked "PHOTOS DO NOT BEND"