Wednesday, September 8, 2010

LEGO Day

Bode is a builder.  It’s what he loves to do in his quiet time.  Build or draw.  I would never dream of throwing away all of his art supplies, but there are only so many times I  am going to step on itty bitty LEGO pieces before they hit the trash. I remember finding them under his bed when I was sweeping, and throwing one or two away at a time.  And then the day came when I had enough.  I can remember the sound. Emptying the contents of the plastic LEGO box into the trash gave me almost a rush.  Of course Bode didn’t think they were trash, and he had no idea I had thrown them away.  Until last Friday.  For whatever reason he started searching his room, and the ENTIRE house, for his beloved LEGOs. I remember him asking me if I threw them away.  I told him yes, and he was so upset.  I apologized and told him I would replace them.  He’s been asking and asking, and today was the day.  Seeing the smile on his face when he got them was worth every hurt toe and heel. 

 

DSC_0808(2)

I will never throw his Legos away again.  EVER.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good picture of him and Great Promise from you :)

bright eyes said...

Love the story....and the memory! Love you Michelle!

Michelle said...

Thank you!
Love you too Lisa :)