24 where
Where did you FIRST meet your loved one? Or where did you first fall in love with your loved one? Was it love at first sight? Do you remember WHERE your heart became his? If you don’t remember, perhaps you can revisit WHERE you were married? Or WHERE you gave birth if you are focusing on your child?
I met the love of my life in July of 1999. The summer after I graduated high school. It was LOVE at FIRST SIGHT! He was one TALL drink of (Marine Corps) water!
He is from a VERY small town in Texas. A town where a stop light has never existed. A town FAMOUS for it’s chicken fried steak!
The first time I ever went to Strawn was with my Mom. I wanted to see where he lived, and was thrilled at the thought of running into him. We drove all over this tiny town, and didn’t see him once. We ended up taking a picture of me (in a bikini top and cut-off shorts) at Davidson Cemetery. I wanted to show him I had been there! When he found out we were there, he laughed, and could not believe we actually took a picture at the cemetery!
Fast forward 10 years, to 2009 when he was deployed to Iraq. Me and the boys went home for Thanksgiving, and visited his Dad in his hometown. I recreated the original picture…only this time, our 9 year old son took the picture!
(and I was not in a bikini and cut-off’s!!!!) HAAA!
Check out WHERE others fell in LOVE here!
4 comments:
I like the fun shot! Your son did a great job. Enjoyed the story too!
=) this is great. thanks for sharing.
I am doing a love story series on my blog, if you are interested in being featured, please email me!
I never knew the story behind this shot. Such a lovey-dovey good story! And, a great picture.
I think you should post the original picture! :)
I don't get to check everyday, but I love all your photos!
Post a Comment