Thursday, February 3, 2011

Joy of Love, Day: 3

03: Then and Now

Then: 1997, Private Pankey was a new Marine, with  little responsibility. He was single with no children. He had just completed Marine Corps Training and was mere skin and bones. He was headed to Combat Engineer School as a student.

zachthen

Now: 2011, Gunnery Sergeant Pankey has been in the Marine Corp for fourteen years.  He is now an amazing husband and father.  He isn’t as lean as he was when he was 20, instead, is shaped like a steel tank!  Coincidently, the school he was headed to, as a student then, he is about to become an instructor now!

DSC_0781

34mm f/4.5 1/40 ISO 800 –no flash

As he continues to stress about getting older (physically), I personally believe he is still the STRONGEST and BEST LOOKING man I have ever known!

 

Thanks Babe for letting me have 16 snaps!  I love you today more than ever before.

 


***Oh, and there is still time to sign up!  Go check out  http://www.willettedesigns.com, or you can sign up HERE!***

6 comments:

Heather said...

Hi, Michelle! Found you through the joy of LOVE class...we are stationed at CL too! Great shot-what did you use as the background on the picture of your husband now? (and, boy, does he look like a Marine!)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely a Fan-Tabulous Picture!!! The words you chose to describe him are as strong as the Marine I see in the picture!!!! OK..well maybe not AS STRONG but... you know what I mean!!! Bill is jealous!! LOL!!!

Michelle said...

Thank you Heather for the compliment! I actually sat him on a bar stool in our bedroom facing the window! So the wall is just the white one in our bedroom! I am loving the Joy of Love class :-)

Michelle said...

Thank you Mom for helping me choose which one! Did you show Bill the picture of Zach with our dresser?!!! LOL Maybe you could go find the one you took of him carrying your "portable chimney".....LOL!! I'm too lazy to spell check the actual word!!!

April said...

You are so lucky he lets you take pictures of him! I need to know your secrets!? I like the background, it looks like a gray backdrop instead of a white wall.

GREAT photo!!

Michelle said...

I just told him up front that I needed 5 minutes of his time! I took a bar stool to our front bedroom, in front of the window! And then I had a step stool to stand on! I guess it looks gray cause it was a little overcast this morning maybe? I had to position him just right so that he was covering up the electrical outlet! LOL