Let me start by saying this-- I take pictures of my friends and family because I love them and I want to have memories that are captured FOREVER. And because, ( if you know my Mom or my Aunt Lisa) it’s in my blood!
So a couple of weeks ago, Amy, one of my very best friends, asked me to take her class pictures at the beach this past Friday. I remember telling her (casually) “sure!” As the day approached I got more and more nervous. Nervous as in….looking for every opportunity that looked like I’d be able to back out of it! I mean, what was I thinking? 20 people were counting on me to capture their moment! On Tuesday I noticed that she had posted some pictures on her facebook that were of her class and I was thinking “oh good! she had a professional come in and take pictures and she’s going to call or text me any minute and let me know that she didn’t need me on Friday. And then she never called. I continued to worry and then on Thursday I noticed that the weather was cloudy and according to the weather on my phone, it was suppose to storm on Friday! I stayed up late Thursday night, and I was the only one in the house awake. I began to pray, and ask God to guide and lead me through this. I put everything in his hands and a peace came over me and I was able to stop worrying and go to sleep.
I woke up Friday morning to overcast skies with no rain. -The most beautiful weather for pictures.
These next two pictures are UNEDITED, straight out of my camera!
This picture is the very first picture I took as I walked up to the beach. -Just to test out my settings…..
I walked around the corner and took this next picture……
I’m not sure if anyone will ever see what I see in this….. In the most beautiful sky, as if light was shining down from heaven on to the water,God speaks to me…
“My child, why must you worry? I got this!”
-I am so thankful Amy asked me to do it, and that God got me through it!
5 comments:
You did a wonderful, amazingly beautiful photo shoot! You came, you saw, you conquered. I'm so proud of you and you should be so proud of yourself too!
I can't wait to see more in the future!
Your Words Touch Me!! You know how much I love the pictures you took and how everyone else LOVES them too!!! But, seeing these two pictures (for the first time) and reading your thoughts gives a much deeper message. Being a Child of God, having faith, acknowledging, and giving Thanks....just brings you closer to him. I can only imagine how close you felt when you came around that corner to see HIS Perfect Day for YOU!!! I Love you Michelle and Thank GOD for allowing me to be your MOM!!!
beautiful. :)
What a wonderful lesson to us all! He does lead us when we ask. So faithful. I love your pictures...beautiful!
Awwwwwwwe Mom, I'm just now seeing this! Thank-you, I love you too :-)
Post a Comment