I tuck my boys into bed every night. Last night as I was tucking Bode in, he started crying. When I say crying, I mean—from his heart, crying. He said, “Mom, I don’t want to move out of the house.” I thought, where in the world is this coming from? I said, “What?!!” He cries “I don’t want to grow up and move away from you Momma, I don’t want to miss you.” I crawled up in his bed and held him until he was able to calm down.
Bode IS me at 8 years old.
All I could think about, as I laid there holding him, was missing my Nana when the summer was over. My heart hurt so much and I cried from the very bottom of my heart. The song (Something Good) from “The Sound of Music” popped into my head. As a child, I remember watching that movie over and over and OVER! My Nana had it recorded on VHS and played it for me and my sister every time we asked. The only words that were coming to me were “I must be doing something good.”
I miss my Nana every. single. day. But I cling to the memories that we made together. I cherish every single moment with my boys. Last night was just another reminder- they are only little ONCE.
(If you are wondering about the title of this post, it’s what I say to them as I turn off the lights and turn on the fan.)
3 comments:
You are such a sweet mama! This brought tears to my eyes. Love you!
This is a great post. From the heart...love it.
You're doing everything RIGHT.
very sweet :) almost made me cry ... but i have to go to work and couldn't ruin my make-up ;) you touch my heart with your words :)
Post a Comment