Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Beth Moore and Ray Walker

I am so excited! I found out Sunday that they are doing a "Beth Moore" Bible Study. It is "Breaking Free", which is interesting because, my friends in Amarillo (Molly, Jeana, and Careese) and I all bought the study guides and intended to do it together. We found out though that we are all talkers and strayed from the subject often! So I have done two lessons in the book and the rest is empty! It's Wednesday nights from 6-8! I'm excited to meet other women who enjoy Beth as much as I do! If you ever read anything she writes or see her on tv, you instantly feel as though you're best friends! She's amazing and has an awesome way of bringing the Lord's message to women! On another note, I decided tonight I was going to download "Victory in Jesus", which led to a ton of other songs! But I ended up finding Ray Walker, and he sings all of the Church of Christ songs that I grew up with in church! So many of them I can (hear) Memaw and Grandpa Tune singing right along! I have been so engaged in this that I am missing "Nancy Grace"!!! (It's ok, she comes on again at 10!) I am having so much fun just remembering my childhood through hymns! Thank you Mom, Memaw and Grandpa Tune for making sure I was in church every time the doors were open! Thank you Grandpa Tune for taking me and Leslie to eat on Wednesday nights,and then after church to Wal-Mart! I am also thankful for the memories of riding with you in the church van, putting the step-stool out and picking up the "old folks". Thank you Memaw for "Sing and Be Happy" I'd almost dare to tell you the page number in the song book! It was always my favorite to sing with you! Oh, and "He Gave me a Song". If I get to go to heaven before you, I want those songs played at my "Celebration of Life" :) (Please don't call it a funeral!!!) Thank you Leslie for the Sunday mornings when we were in high school, I miss you so much! Ok, I'm all done for now! I need to get Tate some neosporin for his elbow....he has asked me twice since this blog! I just keep typing and listening to Ray Walker!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool to read your memories of growing up! I love it! Paradise Valley is #424. :) And....I went to ACU with Kelly, Ray Walker's son. Small world!
:)
Lisa