Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Show up and I will bless you"!

This is what I felt that God spoke to me last night! "Show up, and I will bless you"! I was so excited for this Beth Moore Bible study to begin, I arrived right on time, only to find out that there was only one other car in the parking lot! I was a bit discouraged and thought I probably had the wrong information, I was just sick about it. I was on the phone with Mom, and she told me to go ask the other girl in her car if she was there for the same thing. I couldn't do it! LOL So I drove around the parking lot and saw women going into a lit up building. I got out and asked an older lady if she knew what was going on in there, she told me it was the Bible Study....I quickly told her I would be right back that there was another car that I thought might be in the other parking lot for the same thing. I drove back over there and asked her, and sure enough she was. So she followed me over to the other building. My first impression of her, was that she was an "officer's wife". You can usually tell just by the way a person carries themselves whether they are an enlisted wife, or an officer wife! It didn't bother me talking to her though. It turns out she is exhausted trying to find a church home, so I started telling her about mine. She was really excited about it and said that she would probably be there on Sunday! After the study was over, we walked out to our cars and we continued talking, it turns out, she is NOT an officer's wife, and she lives near me! She has 3 boys (a hero in my eyes!), and said she really didn't have any friends. I told her I didn't either! We were both getting excited about having a NEW friend. She told me she would definitely see me at church on Sunday! Her name is Iris, and she (looks) like she would be my friend! I am so amazed at how God works sometimes. I have been so down about not having good friends like I did in Amarillo and Farmington,and really felt there was no way for me to even find friends here. Then when I heard about the Beth Moore study, I knew that if I were to make a friend/or friends there,they would be good friends. God definitely blessed me last night with Iris! We have 10 more weeks together in this study and hopefully she will enjoy the church we attend! My prayer now is that the Lord blesses this new friendship he gave me, and blesses us both through this 10 week study! On another note, today is housecleaning day....the day I do a deep clean....well there will be another one on Sunday! Anyways, you all know, the laundry and sweeping, and dishes never end. So as I am working up a sweat doing all these things, my wonderful husband is relaxing on the couch playing a video game! With sweat pouring off my face, I told him he was going to have to get out of here! I said it in the nicest way possible, but there is something really discouraging about a man sitting on a couch while I am working up a sweat cleaning up after him and his children! ha! He decided to go to the gym. I told him that I hoped he had a wonderful work-out! Hoping that by saying "wonderful", he would interpret that as "stay as long as you want!!!" HA! So now that I am mostly done cleaning (still need to put laundry up and pick up the boys room) he is still gone! Thank you Lord for that blessing too! Hope everyone is having a great Thursday... I know mine will end great because it's a new Grey's Anatomy tonight! (always exciting!) *Great, in spellchecking this post, I have now realized that I have been spelling (definitely) wrong for who knows how many years!!!!*

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Michelle, I love your blogs. You have inspired me to get up and get going to church...I have been so bad lately. Sounds like you are doing so well and your family is so cute...all of you. I will enjoy continueing to read the blog.

Anonymous said...

I talked to Mother today and she had read your blog. She said and I quote "She is so funny....really funny...she is so so funny....she should write a book because she is so funny".
She really enjoys reading your blog as do I.
I love you.
MOM