Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tate's VIP Week

So this week it was Tate's turn to be the VIP! We went to Bode's classroom first because he needed some medicine for his nose! It is so funny how kids communicate! One little boy came up to Zach and said, "hey, are you Bode's dad?", Zach said, "yes, I am!". Then he said, "Is that Bode's mom?", and Zach once again told him "yes!". He turned to tell his teacher across the hall with lots of excitement!!! "That's my friend's parents right there! Look, right there, that's my friend's parents!" Zach was tickled! Then we went to Tate's class to listen to his name called over the announcements and then to walk with him down to the library to get his VIP certificate. While we were waiting on the announcements, Tate's class was lining up to go to P.E. I think they were suppose to be quiet, but they took the opportunity to talk to me....which is fine with me, I'm a talker! (On the other hand, Zach said that I was embarassing him and Tate!) OH well, that's part of my job!!! Anyways, one little boy asked me if I knew why he didn't eat lunch at school. I said "why?" He then told me it was because if he eats a warm lunch then the next day he gets really sick, so his mom makes his lunch every day. I told him that was really nice! Then the next boy in line said "I don't know why, but I'm not allergic to poison ivy!" hahaha! I said, "that's very unique!" Then the announcements came on and we listened to Tate's name being called, as soon as we heard it, I put up my hand ("raise the roof!") and said "HOLLA!!!" :) Tate's friens thought that was pretty cool! Then he immidiately got to leave the line to go to the library. All of the children in the hall were VIP's and were going to the library. I got the chance to see Ernie. He is such a sweet boy, and can carry a conversation with an adult very well! Last year, I walked Abby and the boys to school, and Ernie got off of his bicycle and walked and talked with me the whole way to school! He is a VIP this week too! I was telling all of the children "congratulations!!!"....Zach kept reminding me again, that I was embarassing Tate! HA! While we were in the library, I noticed that they had a book titled "Manners Can Be Fun". So after Tate got his VIP certificate and I took his picture, I went over to talk to the librarian to see if Tate had a book checked out, because if he didn't, I wanted to check one out, so she looked it up and he did. She told me though that she could check the book out to me, under Tate's name. I told her thank you, (I had on my TEXAS sweat-shirt) and she said "One Texas girl to another!" I told her "Texas girls stick together!" :) It's so nice to be so far from home and make a connection to your home state with someonelse who is far from home! Zach and I have now come home, and we are killing time before we drive across town to sell 2 Wii games that I listed on the local online yardsale site! Then we are headed to Hubert where I am buying a skirt I found on the yardsale site for 1.00!!! Later this afternoon, I have an appointment with Ms. Mary! She is mine and Bode's therapist and I just love her! She's like a friend, my insurance is paying for me to have! (We are close to the same age!) Ok,well that's all I have for now! Hope everyone's morning is off to a great start!

Here is Tate with his VIP Certificate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Tate I said Congratulations and that I love and miss him!!!!

Anonymous said...

STUDENTS of the week! Congratulations Tate and Bode! Is next week, "MOM OF THE WEEK"????
It should be!
:)
Lisa