Saturday, January 17, 2009

Getting ready for Nancy!

I have just a few minutes to blog before "Nancy Grace" comes on! I use think she was so dramatic and just over-did everything, and now, she is my favorite 8:00 spot! My favorite is when she cuts off the bounty hunter Leonard Padilla! (not sure I spelled his name right!)
So I got in the bath to shave my legs, because they are at that point where I know I would not be able to sleep tonight if I didn't. I get in, forgetting that Bode has just taken a bath, therefore, using all the hot water! I had about 3 inches of water (luke-warm) to work with! I am a total spaz when it comes to shaving my legs! I feel like the water has to be very hot and the tub has to be full or I am going to get razor burn! LOL So as I sit in this 3 inches of water that is getting colder by the second, I am telling myself (literally OUTLOUD!) "it's all in your head! just keep going, it's all in your head!" . I was not about to get out and dry off and wait for more hot water! Then as I get done, I have to shower off in freezing water that now gives me goosebumps on my legs, which makes the whole point of shaving them......NOT EVEN WORTH IT!!!! They are still better than before, but there is nothing that irks me like getting goosebumps after I shave my legs! I got out and decided to put on my brand new shirt Mom designed, and made for me for my birthday! For any who might not know....I did not realize that I had such a fear of bridges until we moved to the East coast! (We do not have huge bodies of water in West Texas!) It's such a ridiculous thing really, but they totally freak me out. Zach's Uncle Rick assures me that if the bridge collapses while I am driving across it, I am going to be dead! That it's not going to be like in the movies where you can escape out the window and swim to the top! And this whole "saving my children and getting us all out of the window in time, along with my purse, and the dogs" is very (REAL) to me! So....when we went to New Jersey for New Years, I decided that I had 5 days to prepare myself mentally to drive us back across the bridge that terrifies me! Zach was not sure this was the greatest idea! He thought I would probably freeze up and get us in a wreck, or have to pull over on the bridge or whatever! (And he told me that if I decided to attempt it, I was driving over it....there would be no "pulling over"!!!) And guess what?!!!! I DID IT! I DROVE ACROSS THE DELAWARE MEMORIAL BRIDGE!!!!!

Thanks for the t-shirt Mom, I LOVE it! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovin' that T-Shirt!!!

bright eyes said...

We do not have huge bodies of water in West Texas...lol....and we don't have rain so we don't know how to drive in the rain....and we don't have traffic so we don't know how to do that either.....and we don't have hurricanes. My wake up call was in Houston. Oh how I've learned to adapt....lol. You can ask up about tornadoes, dust storms, tumbleweeds, the caprock, beautiful sunsets, good people, being patriotic/4th of July, and prairie dog town. We know that kind of stuff...lol. Love you Michelle! :)