Friday night we went bowling with some new friends, Aubrie, Ben, and their son Brandon. The boys all had so much fun together! Zach ended up getting the high score! Grrr....he says that he is going to be a "professional bowler" when he retires! LOL....we'll see!
Saturday, we did a whole lot of nothing! For dinner, we went and picked up Thai food from a local Thai restaurant. The chicken pad tai was not as good as it was the first time we ate there....it was too fishy! Bode opted for McDonalds, while Tate had thai fried-rice!
This morning, we got up and went to church. The assistant chaplain did the message, and I must say, I did not get a lot out of it. I did however find my new favorite Bible verse(s), and just meditated on it! It's Psalm 63:3-5
3)Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. 4) I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. 5) My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
After church we came home and had lunch. We then changed clothes, because we had promised Tate and Bode we would go to the Recreation Station and play laser-tag! I thought it was going to be a real "boy" thing! I was very surprised at how much fun I had, and what a work-out it was! I was out of breath and sweating! It was so much fun! We had a 5 minute break between games and I was telling the little boys on my team that I sure was glad we were having a break, because I was very hot!! They just looked at me like I was crazy! I do not think little boys get "hot" playing laser-tag!
I am now waiting on the pork-chops to get done. I am making "Smoked Pork-Chops with Red Cabbage". Bode is already asking if he has to eat all of the cabbage! Grrrr! It's got brown sugar and jelly in it....how bad can it really be?!!!
Hope everyone had a great weekend! I know we did!
Bode and Brandon (this is Bode's "excited" look!)
Me and my friend Aubrie
Me and Zach after bowling!
Zach and the boys at the Recreation Station
Me and Bode after laser-tag....I was too hot to even re-take the picture! (Since Bode's eyes were closed!)
No comments:
Post a Comment