Thursday, March 19, 2009
27 Minutes
Today my friend didn't get my call about going to the gym so I decided not to waste gas on this beautiful day, and just run instead. I have it marked off where 1.5 miles is, and so I ran down there and back for a total of 3 miles in ...............27 MINUTES! I was so flippin' excited!!! I don't think I have ever broke 30 minutes! (well, not in a very long time!!) It is so much easier running outside than it is on a treadmill! I can actually see that I am making progress instead of running still! LOL
Afterwards, my friend Aubrie and I got together and walked the dogs! What a mess that was! The idea was to walk fast enough to at least get our heart-rates up.....no such luck when 2 dogs have a very different idea! (And Abby still being in heat, wanting to stop every 50 feet to potty!) Good times!
I have started de-cluttering my house, and it feels so good to get rid of things I don't use! My hall closet looks so fabulous....I might even take a picture and share! Too bad I didn't take one (before)! And then today, I alphabetized my spices! Sounds kinda silly, but you would be amazed at how frustrated I can get myself while looking for nutmeg, or all-spice! LOL My next project to tackle is the coat closet in the living room! It's really not that bad, but it still needs some work!
I also cleaned my entire screened-in porch! We had this bamboo shading stuff of both sides. It kinda looked messy, cause we just doubled it over! I actually cut it down to size today and then put it up right....but only on one side. The boys have started playing more with the kids in the backyard and it's nice to be able to sit at the patio table and watch them! I am now looking for the perfect potted plant that can sit in the middle of the table. Anyone have any ideas for a plant that likes morning sun?!!! (I'm sure my mom will be the first to comment!) HA!
More exciting news! Bode's teacher called me today. My first reaction was "Oh great! What has happened now!".....She then started telling me that Bode had some very exciting news to tell me! He got on the phone and told me that he passed level 14 of the D-R-A. it is a reading test that the teacher cannot help them on at all. She said since January he has moved up 3 levels, and level 16 is the end of 1st grade reading. So he will be on 2nd grade reading soon, and we are so excited! Mrs. Bonner was so proud of him, so am I! He loves to read, and it shows! i sure wish I could say the same thing for Tate! That boy would rather do anything but read! I am trying hard to change that! He doesn't have a wide variety of books to bring home from school, so I think this weekend we are going to make a trip to the library. Maybe if he can pick out stories he is interested in, he might be more willing to read! Maybe. :)
Ok, well, Grey's is new tonight, and I need to be watching the last 30 minutes of Nancy now to keep myself updated on all of the "goings-on" on her show! ; )
1 comment:
I love Geraniums!!!! Very Pretty and I THINK they would do good.
But then again, I'm not in NC. I bet Lisa would have some good ideas!!!
Post a Comment