Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend Review :)

Friday night we went bowling with Aubrie and her kids. We all had a lot of fun. I ended up bowling like 3 strikes in 2 games! Tate also got a strike! Bode doesn't really care for bowling and was ready to go after the first game! (I think it was because he was very tired too!)
Aubrie and her daughter Kailyn
Bode with Aubrie's other 2 kids....Izzy and Brandon

This morning we went to Church, and our regular preacher was out of town, so the assistant preached. His message really touched my heart, I actually cried during the end of the service. He was talking about why bad things happen, and that God's plan and purpose is always perfect, even though we may not understand. We must be faithful through difficult times. Even when we pray, God may not answer our prayers the way WE want them answered, but in according to his perfect will. He talked about how when he was 8 years old his parents got a divorce and that he started to stutter. He said that he stuttered so bad that he could not even say his name. He went on to tell us that other kids nick-named him "Porky Pig" and called him retarded. (Kids are so flippin' cruel, and I have always taught my children not to make fun or point and stare at people with disabilities.) I thank the Lord every day that I have healthy children. He said that he prayed and prayed and prayed for his stuttering to go away. He said he always got his mom to write him a note on the first day of school just so that he didn't have to stand up before the class and say his name. (Because he physically couldn't.) For 28 years he stuttered until he went to a class that taught him to re-learn how to break up syllables. Even now, he still gets a little nervous if he is talking to someone one on one, but as a speaker in front of a group, you would never know! He says he doesn't know why God allowed him to pray for 28 years for the stuttering to stop, but he knows one thing....."God is good". Amazing.

This afternoon, Zach and I decided to go on a 3 mile run! When I told him the other day that I ran it in 27 minutes, I don't think he believed me! It is a beautiful day, so we let the kids ride their bikes while we ran! I will let the pictures speak for themselves! (I am so PUMPED about our time!!!)

Again, I am taking pics with my old camera and sometimes it won't focus like I want it to! LOL The stop-watch reads....... 24:53:65Whew!

After our run, Zach decided he wanted to take Tate to hit baseballs and Bode wanted to fly his kite! Here are a couple of pictures!

I was cold, and the only thing I had to put on was Tate's pull-over! Not so cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At first I thought....is that the style? I just kept staring at what you were wearing. But then I read where you were wearing Tate's pullover. Whewwww!!! Had me worried there for a minute. I just knew I had probably thrown away all my "little" clothes that might possibly be back in style. I am so kidding!!! LOL!!!!