Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Zach is on leave....
Zach is on leave this week, and his idea of leave is very different than my idea of his leave! I have lots of things I want to do with him, and things I need him to do for me! To include going and getting a deck for our front yard! He didn't want the deck, but it was free, and I went to the housing office and they told me I could have it! (I'm all about something for NOTHING!) Zach, however, could care less! Last night at 8:00 we borrowed a friends truck and Zach loaded and unloaded the entire thing by himself! (Yes, this is the same guy that carries couches over his head and chimineas effortlessly!!!) I kept offering to help, and he told me I could help him by staying out of the way! Now that the deck is in place, he feels that his job is done! There is a space that we need to cover up with a couple of pieces of wood. Coincidentally, my neighbor, who is moving to Okinawa Japan, has the exact size and color of wood that I need in her trash! LOL (I'm such a scavenger!!!)---Zach hates this about me! I will need him to put it on, but until then, I find myself re-arranging rocks so that we can plant a couple of flowers in front.
This morning, Zach noticed that there was a nail in my back tire. Of course it is MY fault and he thinks that I have probably been driving through lumber yards or something! Before we went to put air in the tire, I went to get a cup of coffee at the housing office! They have this amazing coffee machine that is called a Keurig. Look it up! It is fabulous! I think I am going to start saving for one! It doesn't just make coffee, it makes cocoa and different teas as well! (By the cup in about 12 seconds!) AWESOME!
Then we proceeded to go look for air! He was kinda upset with me the whole way, and I have decided that TODAY, instead of arguing with him, I am just going to smile and be happy! (This is probably making him more mad than if I would just argue back!)
Ok, so his episode of "Rome" just finished and we are off to the Paradise Point Yard Supply Place to see what they have for free there! HAHAHA!!!! (This is all reminding me of the time that my mom had a dumpster truck parked in our back yard and went through it and found some amazing things!!!) "I am my mother!"
So we are back from the Yard Supply Place and we got some "Round-up" for free. However, it was not nearly enough!!! I think I am going to have to dig up all the onion/roots to get rid of them!
I also managed to mess up the whole "rock-plan" and spent 2 hours picking each individual rock out of the dirt. So far I have 3 buckets out of what is probably going to turn out to be 20! Zach thinks our yard looks like a bunch of gypsies live here! LOL
I decided before I took Bode to track practice to drive down our alley, because our neighbor(the same one I got the wood from!) is throwing out a lot of other good stuff too! I saw a huge bucket of magazines and decided to take a peek to see what they were! (She is a culinary-chef student, and the magazines were all cooking ones!!!!) HOW PERFECT! I hope I am not turning into a "bag lady"!!! LOL
Well, we are settled in for the evening, and I have a ton of more rocks to sort out of dirt tomorrow, so I should probably get things done around here and get myself in bed!!!! :)
1 comment:
You are so funny. Gypsy? Bag Lady? Your Mother???? LOL!!!
The best things in life are FREE!!! LOL. OK...maybe not. Maybe there are some better things out there that cost money. Like that Lampe Berger. I doubt you ever find one of those in someones trash!!! LOL!!!
Post a Comment