Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthday Eve

The boys and I had a very good day.  Bode had a basketball game at noon at a gym we had never been to.  This was his first basketball game that I got to take pictures with my Nikon.  I was a bit excited, and out of the 45 minutes we were there, I took something like 180 pictures! LOL  What a spaz. I did get a couple of really good ones though….here are my favorites!

bodebasketball2

bodebasketball3

bodebasketball5

tatebasketballgame

bodebasketball6

DSC_3070

bodebasketball7

I love the expression on his face here.  The other team had just scored a basket and he was a bit frustrated!     

DSC_3127

This referee was soooooo tall! 

bodebasketball8

It was a really great game.  Bode looks a bit angry because he thought they lost….he found out after the game was over it was a “tie” :)  -That and he got TWO snacks AND a drink! 

Tonight I decided to see what was on “ON DEMAND” …I very rarely have the patience it takes to sit still for a movie, but decided tonight if the RIGHT movie was on, I could get myself in the mood!  I found “Julie and Julia”.  It is a movie I have been wanting to see since it came out in theatres.  I think it came out sometime in August, around the time Zach deployed.  I ordered it tonight thinking the boys would probably rather watch TV in my room.  I was in for such a treat.  Both of them went and got their blankets and snuggled up on the couch with me to watch it.  The entire movie!  Tate asked at one point if we could pause it to take a “cereal break”.  They warm my heart.  I am so blessed to have boys who love me so much that they sit through an entire cooking movie with me! Since the movie has ended, Bode has been quoting lines from the movie in his best Julia Child voice!  It is pretty funny.  I think I’ll try and get it on video.

No comments: